Did you know that water is one of the most important nutrients in the body?
Unfortunately though, dehydration is the most common deficiency today. We can go weeks without food but only days without water. But why? Well, water is essential for so many body processes and below are just a few of the not so obvious roles. Time to refill your water bottle!
- Water helps bring nutrients, hydration, and oxygen to our cells.
- Water assists in removing toxins and cellular waste.
- Proper hydration allows cells to communicate with each other more easily and maintain their proper electrical charges.
- Water helps cushion bones, joints, and absorbs shocks to the body.
- Water regulates body temperature.
- Water moistens air for easier breathing.
Elisha Voren MS, CSCS, NTC, FMS